tips for swimmer's hair
What is Swimmer’s hair?
Swimmer’s hair is hair that has been damaged by chlorine and other pool chemicals. The hair feels dry, brittle, and looks green or shiny. When wet with water, it smells strongly of chlorine.
Tips for Swimmer’s hair:
- Wet your hair in the shower before your get in the pool or wear a swim cap.
- Wash + condition your hair immediately after you swim.
- Use a Swimmer’s shampoo + conditioner. At zoey + joey, we use Malibu Swimmer’s Shampoo. It is gentle enough to use every day, is 100% vegan and sulfate free. We love it because it smells delicious and the shampoo also doubles as body wash.
- We also provide Malibu treatments for hair damaged by chlorine. It is gentle enough to use once per week, or you can wait until the end of the summer. The treatment crystals remove the harsh chemicals from the pool or ocean, removes discoloration, and restores softness and shine. The pasts is applied to wet hair, left on for 5 minutes, followed by Swimmer’s shampoo + conditioner.
- zoey+joey offers both stand-alone and add-on Malibu Swimmer's treatments. View pricing and book your appointment here.